Friday, October 15, 2010

The Reverend Lori Johnson: Flushing, Michigan

"There is something wrong and something needs to change"
The Reverend Lori Johnson | Trinity Episcopal Church, Flushing MI - Oct 10, 2010

Today I’m Outing myself. I’m outing myself as an ally to the LGBTQ Community – that is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning community. What is an Ally? An ally is someone who supports these people, who loves them. I want you to know that on this issue I am a safe place for you, your family and your friends and so are many, many of my clergy colleagues.

I am a member of PFLAG (PFLAG stands for Parents Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) and have signed their Straight for Equality pledge and I am a member of Integrity USA. Integrity’s mission is: to be a witness of God's inclusive love to the Episcopal Church and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
community.

No comments:

Post a Comment